• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please someone tell how to get out of this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confused_girl_8

I recently got married to my now husband. He is stationed in north carolina and i am in arizona. I thought this is what i wanted but I am realizing that I was wrong. I want to get an annulment but I am not sure how to go about this. We were married in a small town in nc.....what do i do help me before it is too late...thanks

LdiJ

I recently got married to my now husband. He is stationed in north carolina and i am in arizona. I thought this is what i wanted but I am realizing that I was wrong. I want to get an annulment but I am not sure how to go about this. We were married in a small town in nc.....what do i do help me before it is too late...thanks
For the most part, it is easier, quicker and cheaper to just get a divorce....whether you qualify for an annulment or not.

JETX

The circumstances you describe do NOT qualify for an annulment in Arizona:
"In order for the Court to grant an annulment of a marriage, the Court must be persuaded that sufficient grounds for an annulment exist. Generally, the basis for granting an annulment of a marriage is fraud, inability to consummate the marriage, that a party to the marriage is a bigamist, has concealed a criminal past or concealed the fact of a communicable disease or other grounds which the Court recognizes as a valid basis for the granting of an annulment."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">