• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible to separate w/out abandonment when one party does not want to separate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladybug3

What is the name of your state? Virginia.

What is the best way to separate when the other party does not want to so to not have it look like you are at fault for abandonment? There must be a way this can be done. The other party is not amicable or cooperative at all. There is history of emotional abuse and some physical abuse but I don't know if this can be proved in the courts.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? Virginia.

What is the best way to separate when the other party does not want to so to not have it look like you are at fault for abandonment? There must be a way this can be done. The other party is not amicable or cooperative at all. There is history of emotional abuse and some physical abuse but I don't know if this can be proved in the courts.
YOu should have asked this in your other thread. YOU are not a party to this. If your lover to be wants to leave his wife he will do so. If he doesn't, he want. Abandonment? That takes more than someone just moving out.

ladybug3

I am fully aware that it's his choice. We are not in a relationship. I am asking for my own personal knowledge. I am writing this as more of an informational type of question. I would like to understand the law regarding this subject because I also know other people in this situation.

Since you said it takes more than just leaving, what does it take in the courts to prove that it's abandonment?

Silverplum

I am fully aware that it's his choice. We are not in a relationship. I am asking for my own personal knowledge. I am writing this as more of an informational type of question. I would like to understand the law regarding this subject because I also know other people in this situation.

Since you said it takes more than just leaving, what does it take in the courts to prove that it's abandonment?
A partial answer to your many questions:
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-365
:rolleyes:

CLBKLCDTB

Keep it up and she will be able to prove adultry...then he is really screwed.....so-to -speak ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">