• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post Decree Enforcement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katkin74

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Hello:
I and my ex-husband received a dissolution of marriage in July 2008 in DuPage County IL. He agreed to half of the bills ($ 4750.50) to be paid to me within 30 days of the date of dissolution. He did not. I cannot afford my attorney anylonger since I'm left holding all of the cc, mortgage etc bills. (I kept the house). All bills are in my name (stupid I know now). He moved to Arkansas (Boone County) before paying anything of the judgement and remarried in September. I have an order from the IL courts that I can take to AR and lien against any income or property. I have no attorney. My question is - how do I go about filing in Boone County to enforce this order and what do I file in the first place? Do I need to go there? What would be the next step? The county website has information I'm sure but I don't even know what to click to find it. Any advice or web info sites where I can do more research on how to get this done? Thanks!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">