• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post-divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

a_denton27

What is the name of your state? Indiana
My ex and I got divorced last May and in the divorce decree he was ordered to take my name off of the two vehicles we owned and the house. A year later he still has not done this. He has been late on the vehicle payments as much as every other month. The divorce decree states that I am supposed to be held harmless, well unless he does what the decree says its going to keep affecting my credit. He has also forged my name on a reimbursement check from the bank, which I knew nothing about until the Mortgage holder sent me a late statement reflecting the check on the bill. What options do I have, can I sue him? I cant even rent a low level apartment because $170,000 is on my credit from him!!! Please I need help. Thank you!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? Indiana
My ex and I got divorced last May and in the divorce decree he was ordered to take my name off of the two vehicles we owned and the house. A year later he still has not done this. He has been late on the vehicle payments as much as every other month. The divorce decree states that I am supposed to be held harmless, well unless he does what the decree says its going to keep affecting my credit. He has also forged my name on a reimbursement check from the bank, which I knew nothing about until the Mortgage holder sent me a late statement reflecting the check on the bill. What options do I have, can I sue him? I cant even rent a low level apartment because $170,000 is on my credit from him!!! Please I need help. Thank you!

Actually $170,000 on your credit is FROM YOU. You made the decision to be put on those loans. the banks do NOT have to release you from them. What you need to do is take him back to court for contempt. While you are still on the loans you need to make sure they are paid or your credit will be tanked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">