• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post Nuptial Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cheeta58

What is the name of your state? MI

I have a husband who is making some very bad financial decisions lately. He also owns his own business (which is incorporated) which carries alot of personal liability potential. I am contemplating divorce or legal separation, but have not quite made that decision yet. I do, however, need to do something to protect myself personally from any bad financial decisions he makes from this point forward. Would a post nuptial agreement accomplish that? Can you divide assets that were once in both names in such an agreement? Would a post nuptial agreement hold up in court? How much does it cost approximately to execute such a document?What is the name of your state?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? MI

I have a husband who is making some very bad financial decisions lately. He also owns his own business (which is incorporated) which carries alot of personal liability potential. I am contemplating divorce or legal separation, but have not quite made that decision yet. I do, however, need to do something to protect myself personally from any bad financial decisions he makes from this point forward. Would a post nuptial agreement accomplish that? Can you divide assets that were once in both names in such an agreement? Would a post nuptial agreement hold up in court? How much does it cost approximately to execute such a document?What is the name of your state?
You could do that, however I would suggest consulting a family law attorney in the area to ensure that you are doing it exactly right.

Any joint assets that have liens against them though will cause you some complications.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">