• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

post nuptual, indemnity agreement, possible divorce PLEASE HELP!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michie

What is the name of your state? va
I have been married less than a year and the man I married is vice president of a very successful business & his father is CEO. Once we became married everything simply fell apart!!! In January my father in law asked me to sign a post nuptual protecting their business. The father said that due to our problems he does not trust me and does not want me to have access to their company's assets!!! I did not sign it... Now my husband has brought home an Indemnity agreement from a bonding company stating that my personal assets are tied to the business if this bonding company needs to cease (sp?) the company's assets to cover contract problems. I wld not sign that either. My husband then brings home this letter that starts off saying that I am not obligated to the bonding agreement but then in the last paragraph it states unless the bonding agreement deems it necessary!!!! I did not sign it... but I am also thinking that now anything my husband and I buy or build together will be ceased if the company has problems.... He is treating me very neglectful now and I am seeing an attorney on Friday, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any type of advice!!!! Help!!!!:confused:

VeronicaGia

My advice:

Get out of that marriage with what you went into it with and don't drag it out. Get out of it and put it behind you as fast as you can. If you want to start fighting over what little you've built together in such a short period of time, then maybe he has a reason for wanting you to sign it all.

Once you're out of the marriage, he will look back and realize what a fool he's been, because you wanted him, not his "stuff." This happened to me when I was married to my ex; he called me months later and apologized. I accepted the apology of course, but had moved on, and didn't regret it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">