• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Postnup made legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danilee

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

My husband and I are reaching the end of our marriage. Although I think there may be hope, we have been in therapy and it is not going anywhere. Basicly my husband says that my feelings are my problem not his...There is a jaded past, but he is a military officer...This makes it so that in the 5 years we have been together 2.5 years married I have not been able or capable of being stabl stable money wise if we were to divorce or seperate. I have no family so this is a touchy issue for me. My husband does not want a divorce, but he will not go to therapy anymore either. My therapist or his...

He makes a lot of promises that he does not keep, but we talked about a possible seperation this upcoming year...Yes I am giving ANOTHER year, although I do not think things will change as I am becoming healthier I realize it was bad from the start. He said today he is willing to write up an agreement....You see he will be attending Physician Assistant training school through the army, so his income will increase, while I have no idea how I am going to eat if I were to leave...He said he would be willing to pay my rent, and stay married so that I could benefit from army healthcare for a period of time, as well as continue a small payment to help me get through nursing school....(which I can't start here because hawaii does not have a program for military dependents)

What would make this agreement legal? Are there forms somewhere that I could download? Do I have to have a lawyer to do this? Could we just write up an agreement? Basicly I am ready to write this up later today, but I need some guidance...I would have nothing if we were to divorce, and he is in 30,000 in debt. Where should I go from here?

Thank you for the help
Danilee

In the eye's of the military I am almost smelling fraud here ! ! ! You can make any agreement you want, however things change ! ! ! I would follow the state statutes as close as possible so that it "could" be as transparent as possible if the divorce or seperation does happen. The military life is hard for married people, it takes alot to stick it out... I wish you all the best.

MEC

Are Postnup legal in FL

Since I don't see how I can start a new thread or post a new question am just going to reply to this one b/c its a similar question.

If I create a postnup agreement and have the Husband and Wife sing it, will it be legal in FLorida? if not, how can I make a legal postnup in FL?

S

seniorjudge

Danilee, you need a legal separation approved by the court. Don't rely on some kind of agreement that is private.

To the hijacker: If I create a postnup agreement and have the Husband and Wife sing it, will it be legal in FLorida? if not, how can I make a legal postnup in FL?

They are very hard to sing. The notation is terrible, the timing is awful, and the scoring is just absolutely atrocious.

But, if you want to sign a postnup agreement, then read my answer to Danilee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">