• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

power of attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nonnesammi

What is the name of your state?florida
is it legal for me to use my poa to sign divorce for him?/or do I have to post to a publication in the legal notices? he is , I believe out of state & has left me a phone msg requesting I 'take care of" the divorce.

Last edited:

Is there any way you can get an address for him? If Florida laws are the same as they are for some other states, you would have to serve him with divorce papers and then if he didn't respond, you could ask the court for a default judgement. That way he wouldn't 'need' to sign anything. You might also check with your local courthouse and ask what forms to use for an uncontested divorce.

LdiJ

nonnesammi said:
What is the name of your state?florida
is it legal for me to use my poa to sign divorce for him?/or do I have to post to a publication in the legal notices? he is , I believe out of state & has left me a phone msg requesting I 'take care of" the divorce.
No, you can't use your POA. Service by publication is a possibility, but you need the permission of the court to do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">