• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

power of attorney in divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andreya13

What is the name of your state? missouri
my husband is going to prison for molestiong three children he has turned his power of attorney to his daughter's boyfriend. i would like to know if i can file for the house if it is under power of attorney

nextwife

andreya13 said:
i would like to know if i can file for the house if it is under power of attorney
File for what house? What do you mean by "it is under power of attorney"? That is NOT a form of ownership. Is it the marital homestead? By "file" do you mean "file to be awarded the referenced house in a divorce"?

You left out a whole lot of information.

Last edited:
S

shell007

nextwife said:
File for what house? What do you mean by "it is under power of attorney"? That is NOT a form of ownership. Is it the marital homestead? By "file" do you mean "file to be awarded the referenced house in a divorce"?

You left out a whole lot of information.
Carful what you wish for! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">