• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

preemptive strike

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmacandr

What is the name of your state? Florida

Can someone explain to me in laymen and legal terms exactly what preemptive strike means. My wife left me and took half of everything with her. I never had any say in what stays and what goes. She moved when I was out of town. I had no say in the manner. She took all our personal records also.

B

Boxcarbill

cmacandr said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Can someone explain to me in laymen and legal terms exactly what preemptive strike means. My wife left me and took half of everything with her. I never had any say in what stays and what goes. She moved when I was out of town. I had no say in the manner. She took all our personal records also.
"Preemptive strike" is layman and/or military term. It means hitting the other side first and hard enought that it either disables them or leaves them significantly weaker for second strike capability.

If you are thinking "peremptory challenge" or "peremptory strike" a challenge of a prospective juror that does not require a stated cause or reason.

C

cyana

LOL, Boxcarbill, I was thinking in military terms

<Boxcarbill: If you are thinking "peremptory challenge" or "peremptory strike" a challenge of a prospective juror that does not require a stated cause or reason.>
==========================================

I have already given this poster some of the info he needs to obtain a divorce and maybe recovery some property/money - apparently he's hung up on the term "preemptive strike". Using the "legal terminology" I cannot see any legal advantage in a divorce case if it did not go to trial, which hopefully it won't.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143196

It's my "laywoman's opinion" that the OP's wife did a "preemptive strike" on him. I was advising the OP what the "tactics/stragegy" (using military lingo) he could use as "damage control".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">