• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant by boyfriend during legal seperation question???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shlbel

i have filed a joint petition for divorce in the state of wisconsin. my divorce will be final in 2 months. i recently found out I am pregnant from my boyfriend and have not told the soon to be ex husband. i will be 4 months pregnant at our final divorce hearing. when the judge asks if i am currently pregnant i will tell him yes and of course have to tell him it is with the boyfriend. my question is will this news effect the outcome of the final divorce hearing? can they delay it? can my husband have any recourse???? please help with any useful information

K

kaufmanraider26

shlbel said:
i have filed a joint petition for divorce in the state of wisconsin. my divorce will be final in 2 months. i recently found out I am pregnant from my boyfriend and have not told the soon to be ex husband. i will be 4 months pregnant at our final divorce hearing. when the judge asks if i am currently pregnant i will tell him yes and of course have to tell him it is with the boyfriend. my question is will this news effect the outcome of the final divorce hearing? can they delay it? can my husband have any recourse???? please help with any useful information
Hi, I hope I can help some. I am from Ohio so I am not sure how different the laws are there from here. If you were legally separated before you got pregnant I don't think there is anything your soon to be ex can do about it. I don't have a clue why the judge would even ask you if were pregnant to begin with. The problem that may arise is your ex could accuse you of having the boyfriend way before you two filed for legal separationand could possibly try to get you for having an affair which could in turn make an impact on your case. I don't even know if I have helped you out any but I hope I didin some sort of way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">