• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant Divorce in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gaad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I am 8 months pregnant. Does Florida grant divorces while pregnant. I have been seperated for over 4 years and am on my second child with my current mate.

LdiJ

I am 8 months pregnant. Does Florida grant divorces while pregnant. I have been seperated for over 4 years and am on my second child with my current mate.
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that FL, along with the majority of other states, does not allow a divorced to be finalized while the woman is pregnant. In addition, you have some complication, because legally your husband would be considered the presumed legal father of both children.

You are going to need an attorney for this one.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Why don't you wait a month or two?

Gracie3787

No, your divorce cannot be finalized until after the baby is born. In addition, the paternity/disestablishment of paternity must be included in the divorce.

If you are doing this pro-se, you really need to either hire an attorney, or at least get a consult with one ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">