• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pregnant during divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenn0507

OK. First off I live in St. Louis, Missouri. I was just tryin to figure out if I can still get a divorce while I'm pregnant. My "husband" has been in jail since September, and I got pregnant in November. My "husband" got taken to jail because he hit me and my daughter, so when the police took him I told him I wanted a divorce. So I got back together with my dauhters father and now I'm pregnant. Can I still get a divorce if they courts know I'm pregnant?:confused:

OK. First off I live in St. Louis, Missouri. I was just tryin to figure out if I can still get a divorce while I'm pregnant. My "husband" has been in jail since September, and I got pregnant in November. My "husband" got taken to jail because he hit me and my daughter, so when the police took him I told him I wanted a divorce. So I got back together with my dauhters father and now I'm pregnant. Can I still get a divorce if they courts know I'm pregnant?:confused:
So your daughter is from a previous relationship? Husband is not daughter's father?
And no you cannot be granted a divorce while pregnant. Your husband will be the legal father of this child. Wait for the Seniors that are more experienced, though.

LdiJ

So your daughter is from a previous relationship? Husband is not daughter's father?
And no you cannot be granted a divorce while pregnant. Your husband will be the legal father of this child. Wait for the Seniors that are more experienced, though.
That is true for nearly all states, but there is a slight chance that it might not be true for OP's state...lets let CJane confirm it one way or the other.

mistoffolees

That is true for nearly all states, but there is a slight chance that it might not be true for OP's state...lets let CJane confirm it one way or the other.
Another option that sometimes works in some states is to file for divorce while pregnant, but not finalize it until after the baby is born. You will need to address child support (presumably none, in this case), and so on in the docs.

Again, though, wait for a definitive answer from someone who knows the laws in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">