• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prenups

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pkanlis717

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

In the drafting of a prenuptial agreement, do the details of assets protected by the agreement ie. protected business interests need to be disclosed in the agreement?

nextwife

The more detailed, the better. If you document these assets existence PRE-MARITALLY, and keep them separate, there can later be no claim those assets are marital.

cyjeff

This question gives me pause.

Are you saying that not only do you want a prenup but you don't want to tell the new spouse exactly what you own in any detail?

There is more here than meets the eye.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

In the drafting of a prenuptial agreement, do the details of assets protected by the agreement ie. protected business interests need to be disclosed in the agreement?
Anything you don't list in the pre-nup could be a problem later. While normal rules apply as to what is marital and what is separate property, you could find that any pre-marital assets become marital if you do something to mingle them (even slightly) while married. So you want everything that you want to remain separate spelled out in the prenup.

I also agree with cyjeff. You're planning to marry this person. While there are lots of legitimate reasons for a prenup, if you can't trust the person enough for each of you to know what the other one has, I smell trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">