• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prepare 4 Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lsunshine

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Have proof of husbands adultry but want to prepare before confronting him. He controls the money and I have suspicion that he has secret accounts and will pull all monies and hide. Any advice on how to prepare not just financially before confronting him?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Have proof of husbands adultry but want to prepare before confronting him. He controls the money and I have suspicion that he has secret accounts and will pull all monies and hide. Any advice on how to prepare not just financially before confronting him?
Don't confront him at all. File for divorce and ask for complete discovery of all financial assets. You may need a forensic accountant if your husband is very skilled at hiding money.

Adultery is completely irrelevant in CA as far as divorce proceedings are concerned.

Lsunshine

Definately have proof, not just on one, I have several and was shocked. Just want to get my ducks in a row before all hell breaks loose if you know what I mean.

CourtClerk

Definately have proof, not just on one, I have several and was shocked. Just want to get my ducks in a row before all hell breaks loose if you know what I mean.
If you have proof, then you have no suspicions, you have PROOF. Your statements are contradictory.

However, if you have all the proof you need, then file for divorce. There is an automatic restraining order that goes into effect once he is served with prohibits the transferring of marital property (which includes his bank accounts) - presuming there was money deposited during the course of the marriage. Even then, he will have to have the court declare those accounts separate property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">