• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

prescription drugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thinkofthekids

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN
If my husband was getting me prescription drugs from his dad and I mention this in court, could we get in trouble?

Isis1

If my husband was getting me prescription drugs from his dad and I mention this in court, could we get in trouble?
is your husband licensed to pass out prescriptions? is your father in law licensed to pass out prescriptions?

do you even have a prescription for the medication?

Proserpina

If you do not have a prescription for those drugs Dad and you can be in serious trouble.

(out of curiosity, which drugs are we talking about - this might be important - and if you don't have a script why are you taking them?)

thinkofthekids

no, neither one is a doctor..
i was prescribed klonipin, seroquel and cymbalta but i ran out of all meds and my husband wouldn't let me make a doc appt because I have no insurance. so, he went over to his dad's and got seroquel, ativan and elivil.
What kind of serious trouble are you talking about? Do you think the judge will do anything or just let it slide?

Isis1

i was prescribed klonipin, seroquel and cymbalta but i ran out of all meds and my husband wouldn't let me make a doc appt because I have no insurance. so, he went over to his dad's and got seroquel, ativan and elivil.
What kind of serious trouble are you talking about? Do you think the judge will do anything or just let it slide?
he won't let you? :rolleyes:

your husband forbids you? instead of calling the doctor and asking if they can renew the subscription for a few months until insurance coverage is obtainable, you went and did something illegal?

you need to speak to an attorney before you say anything else.

LdiJ

ALL of you could be in trouble, you, your husband and your father in law...beyond that, I am unwilling to comment because I don't understand the context of the situation.

mistoffolees

PLEASE get yourself to a different Dr right away. Those 3 meds should NEVER be prescribed together, especially the Seroquel and Cymbalta.
Reminds me of a lady who used to work for me. Every time she got sick, she went to a different doctor who kept adding prescriptions. Several different antidepressants, sedatives, sleep aids, and so on - and none of the doctors knew of the other medications she was using.

She ended up in the hospital where they took ALL the medications away (except, I think, a high blood pressure medication) and she was suddenly much better.

The point is that it may not be the doctor's fault if the patient didn't tell him/her what she was taking.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So you received drugs illegally. Congrats. You have committed a crime. And you dont' need hubby's permission. You are an adult and can use the phone yourself, correct? Your husband procured drugs illegally. And your father in law is a drug dealer. You can all go to jail. And since you have children expect the state to place them in foster care. Magistrates and judges are MANDATED reporters.

justalayman

PLEASE get yourself to a different Dr right away. Those 3 meds should NEVER be prescribed together, especially the Seroquel and Cymbalta.
Any site I found to check drug interactions has not said these should not be prescribed together. there is a caution about Klonopin and Seroquel together but that is due to both of them causing dizziness and the like. Taken together, the effect is greater.

Here is one site:

Drug Interaction Checker — Identify Interactions Between Prescriptions, Food, and Herbal Supplements : Healthline.com

and another:

Caremark.com - Drug Interactions

I have known others that have been prescribed all 3 of these together as well

Curious as to why you are so forceful in your position.

Proserpina

That's accurate, yes. It's more common with elderly patients.

As long as liver function is ok there's generally no problem taking these together. Sertraline on the other hand is usually not prescribed with Cymbalta - this combination can and does often cause serious problems.

( Klonopin can be prescribed with Cymbalta and Seroquel provided the patient is monitored for the increased CNS depression)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">