• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probably made a bad mistake, how to fix?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kate554

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My divorce is not final. When we separated, I moved out. The only way I could buy a house was to have my husband refinance and pay me half the equity. (yes, I know I didn't have to buy a house, but that's hindsight.) He refinanced and I had to (did I really have to?) sign the papers.

Shay-Pari'e

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My divorce is not final. When we separated, I moved out. The only way I could buy a house was to have my husband refinance and pay me half the equity. (yes, I know I didn't have to buy a house, but that's hindsight.) He refinanced and I had to (did I really have to?) sign the papers.

If you were on the loan, then yes, they needed your sig. You got half the equity, so I am not sure where you are going with this.

kate554

sorry, don't know how that posted, because I wasn't finished. Operator error :) the full story is on a subsequent post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">