• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with Lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Just lost

What is the name of your state? PA
I have been having problems with a few people in my lawyers office, not sure if he is not doing his share either. It could be L giving his assistant the job of putting my QDRO together and the assistant not dong it correctly, but I would think that after the second time the L would want to check on things. After the second QDRO, my lawyer, his assistant and I sat down and my L said "all we need to do is put this line in" and it will say what I want. + he wanted to use my husbands signature from the 2nd Q and just put it on the third. WOW! I don't know if this is standard but if it is I think it is wrong. I told him No, send it because the line is a big deal. Received 3rd Q and there is more in it than just that one line that we discussed. I left a message w/ L about new items, and want my divorce papers sent out. Have had no call back. Received divorce decree with a notice stating L will finalize the divorce and request that you please handle your legal matters with another firm. etc. Here is my ? Could L back out of my divorce without finishing it, Along with my QDRO not being finished? I have paid him for these services and they have not been fully rendered. There is more, but I don't want to get into trouble for typing too much. HELP!?!?!?!?
just lost

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">