• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems, problems, problems!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

linsue

What is the name of your state? Florida
I'll try to be brief. Went to final hearing in September. Ex's lawyer would not agree to FJ submitted by my attorney (he typed his own FJ, actually changing the facts). Judge ordered ex to obtain life insurance within 10 days or he would have a rehearing to redistribute property. Judge ordered ex to give me 45% of his retirement pay, judge ordered both parties to pay for appraisal of martial home and home to be sold and equity split after deducting thousands of dollars awarded to me. Ex has complied with none of these orders to date. Does he have to do these things even if the FJ has not been signed as yet? I cannot obtain affordable health insurance until I can show a FJ showing substantial life-changing situation (this would be through my employment.) Now judge is willing to have a hearing in February to see if a rehearing is warranted - how can it not be warranted? After the hearing, if the judge finds a rehearing warranted, it will be several months down the road before the rehearing. I can no longer pay the mortgage on the house (not a mansion by any means - just a modest $80,000 home). I cannot pay the bills any longer. I want to add that I am in my sixties - not in the best of health and raising a young grandchild. I cannot let the house go into forclosure because this child and I need a place to live and I need the equity I will get to get another residence.) Is there anything that can be done to force an earlier resolution in this matter? I really don't know that I can go on any longer financially and emotionally (I am hanging by a thread only because there is a child who depends on me). Any input would be appreciated.

linsue

Problems

The bio father has been filed against but so far the state has collected nothing. The bio mother has had problems but she makes every effort to contribute; however, it doesn't cover the mortgage payment or other bills. What she contributes is probably more than a court would order - which is just about enough for food, school needs and basic necessities but certainly won't keep me from losing the house and other necessities such as utilities. Even if I did not have this child here, I would still be in serious danger of losing my home and other necessities. I really need to resolve my financial situation with the ex and I can't understand why the court system is issuing judgments if they have no interest in enforcing the rulings - instead allowing me to go down the drain when it is so unnecessary while ex is out spending, spending, spending. I'm not asking for rulings to be altered in any way - just asking that they compel ex to do as ordered by the court in a timely manner. Please understand that, from the onset, I only asked for half our assets and was willing to take on half the debts but as it now stands, the only asset I have is occupancy of the house - which may be gone soon as I have been ordered to pay for it until it is sold since I have occupancy and I am paying all other bills such as utilities and half the debts we incurred - or should I say ex incurred while we were still married, making me responsible for half. If I let these debts fall by the wayside, I will have no chance of obtaining housing once this one is sold because my credit will be in the toilet. This is just not right and, like a fool, I assumed that once the final hearing was held and rulings made, that I would have some relief because I would be getting my half of the retirement pay since, once the FJ was in my hands, I could have my half sent directly to me without having to depend on ex to give it to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">