• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proceeding with Divorce after Separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sactowngal68

CA

I filed for a legal separation in November 2008 from my husband. I now want to move forward and file for the dissolution (divorce).

Two questions.....do I need to file another FL-100 (the petition for dissolution/separation/annullment) or do they go by the original petition and I just need to file an additional form to complete the dissolution?

Secondly, after the additional forms that are needed are filed, how long are we looking until its final? Does the 6 month "waiting period" start at that time, or does the six month waiting period go back to our original petition of 11/08 and its just a matter of the judge granting the judgement.

P.S. This is an "uncontested, no minor children, no alimony, assets etc involved" type of situation.

Thanks for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">