• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proof of adultery in SC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shopperscloset

We live in SC. In SC if you can prove infidelity, you don't have to be separated for 1 year. I hired a private investigator. The investigator got pictures of my husband's car parked at the girlfriends house. Later he got a picture of my husband driving her car into her garage and they were checking mail together and had take out. Later in the night he saw them walking and holding hands while drinking a beer. He didn't get a picture of this because they were looking at his car but he said he can sign an affidavit about this. No one else came or left house all night and PI got a pic of him leaving in morning. My husband is also a cop and was there in his work vehicle which has GPS tracking. He has been there just about every night for weeks.
Will this be enough to prove infidelity?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
We live in SC. In SC if you can prove infidelity, you don't have to be separated for 1 year. I hired a private investigator. The investigator got pictures of my husband's car parked at the girlfriends house. Later he got a picture of my husband driving her car into her garage and they were checking mail together and had take out. Later in the night he saw them walking and holding hands while drinking a beer. He didn't get a picture of this because they were looking at his car but he said he can sign an affidavit about this. No one else came or left house all night and PI got a pic of him leaving in morning. My husband is also a cop and was there in his work vehicle which has GPS tracking. He has been there just about every night for weeks.
Most likely no. When did you and he separate?

shopperscloset

Most likely no. When did you and he separate?
Were not separated. I was waiting for proof before I filed. He controls all the money and I work very very part time only during the school year. I saved all last year to come up with enough money to leave him and I spent most of it on the PI
I've long suspected he was cheating but he was stupid enough to bring our kids to her house and the kids told me who she was.

How much more proof do I need?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Google is your friend. Took all of 5 seconds.

http://www.sc-aaml.com/lawprimerpopups/adultery.htm

ETA: I would strongly suggest an attorney, as I suspect you will not know how to use what you have.

Just Blue

IMHO it just LEGALLY proves he was hanging out with a friend. But, yeah. If that was my husband I would file for divorce. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">