• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

proper notice for deposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blj1008

What is the name of your state? WISCONSIN

Hello,

Today I was served with papers from my husband's attorney to appear at a deposition regarding my pending divorce. The deposition is in 2 days and I already have plans for that day that were made months ago.

Is 2 days proper notice to be required to appear? I would think not but I cannot find any statute stating so and I don't want to risk legal trouble by refusing to appear.

Thank you.What is the name of your state?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? WISCONSIN

Hello,

Today I was served with papers from my husband's attorney to appear at a deposition regarding my pending divorce. The deposition is in 2 days and I already have plans for that day that were made months ago.

Is 2 days proper notice to be required to appear? I would think not but I cannot find any statute stating so and I don't want to risk legal trouble by refusing to appear.

Thank you.What is the name of your state?
Did the judge sign off on the subpeona for the deposition? If not, then simply inform his attorney that you are not available on that date, and that he will have to reschedule.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">