• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property acquired during seperation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cage72

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My wife is trying to file for seperation. If i sign and we go our seperate ways, would the house that i am trying to buy next month become a marital asset and thereby being split if/when we get divorced?????

cage72 said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

My wife is trying to file for seperation. If i sign and we go our seperate ways, would the house that i am trying to buy next month become a marital asset and thereby being split if/when we get divorced?????
I would suggest you get it in writing from her that she has no interest and wants no interest in the property you are seeking during this time. You should get a conveyance by her understanding she has no interest in that property, nor does she seek an interest, nor does she want one, and that she realizes it is your sole and seperate property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">