• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property devision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pulsating

Whapennsylvania name of your state (only U.S. law)? pennsylania

my wife purchased our house after 13 years of marraige, we have been married for 23 years do i have any rights to this property and how do i go about getting it. also can she get a restraining order in order to keep me away from our home. please help

also i must mention i have no income

Just Blue

my wife purchased our house after 13 years of marraige, we have been married for 23 years do i have any rights to this property and how do i go about getting it. also can she ger a restraining order inorder to keep me away from our home. please help

Time to get a job.

LdiJ

my wife purchased our house after 13 years of marraige, we have been married for 23 years do i have any rights to this property and how do i go about getting it. also can she get a restraining order in order to keep me away from our home. please help

If the home is solely in her name you would have no rights to the home itself, but you may have a right to a share of the equity in the home, as long as it wasn't purchased and maintained with separate property (ie an inheritance)

If the circumstances warrant it, your wife can get a restraining order to keep you away from the home. She can also ask the judge to order that she have sole possession of the marital residence, pending the outcome of the divorce.

Ditto what Bay said.

WilliamTaylor

If the home is solely in her name you would have no rights to the home itself, but you may have a right to a share of the equity in the home, as long as it wasn't purchased and maintained with separate property (ie an inheritance)

If the circumstances warrant it, your wife can get a restraining order to keep you away from the home. She can also ask the judge to order that she have sole possession of the marital residence, pending the outcome of the divorce.

Ditto what Bay said.
Your absolutely right, I think it time for you to get a job and get your life back on track who knows she might take you back.

pulsating

ifnyou read my statement i got hurt while working if your only answer was get a job you could have keep to yorself

pulsating

to william

if i was a woman is that the only advice you would give me i hope you never getin my positon dedicated to my family for over 24 years and put out , and your only advice is get a job. im not trying to get her back she is in the wrong.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
if i was a woman is that the only advice you would give me i hope you never getin my positon dedicated to my family for over 24 years and put out , and your only advice is get a job. im not trying to get her back she is in the wrong.
For crying out loud we tell everyone asking about alimony they need to get a job because ALIMONY is not dependable. You can't expect or count on HER to support you when you are an adult. We ask women the same questions. The only one who seems to have a gender bias is you because you want to whine about the fact that you think we are being unfair -- have you read anything else on this board?

Oh and this statement is blatantly false:
ifnyou read my statement i got hurt while working if your only answer was get a job you could have keep to yorself

NO WHERE in this statement does it say you got hurt while working and we are not mind readers:
property devision

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you cannot work have you filed for workman's comp? Have you filed for disability? Have you done anything to improve your status and become self sufficient?

What happens if she dies after you are divorced? Or she gets injured and can't work?What has she done wrong other than want to divorce you? The rest answered you regarding the house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">