• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Distribution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nvluch

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NV
My husband and I bought a home a couple of months before we were married and I found out shortly thereafter that he had this done in his name only. We fought for 5 years about this and he finally quit claimed the house to himself and added my name. He controlled all finances including my paycheck for the last 10 years. Now I am getting a divorce from this greedy control freak and found out that before he added my name, he claimed chapter 13 bankruptcy in the amount of $96K and paid off his creditors by refinancing the home and taking out $100K of home equity. What can I do to get 50% of what I earned in home equity in my divorce settlement. Now he is walking away from the house, has clean credit and I'm stuck with something I really cannot afford. Selling the house is an option but because he took out the $100K and the value of our home has decreased I am now upside down with this mortgage. What can I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">