• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property distribution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

misha144

I hope someone can help me. I put an order for protection on my husband in October 01. In the order for protection is states: I can use the 2001 pickup until the divorce is final. It also states that I get to stay in our residence and he is to keep all bills current. OK here is where it gets tricky. The 2001 pickup is not in mine or my husbands name. It is in my father-in-laws name. This is because my husband did not have the credit to put it in his name. We have another vehicle as well which is also in my father-in-laws name. This is due to another domestic abuse charge in 1999. My husband was put in jail and the father-in-law put the car in his name so I couldn't get it. Well when this OFP was enforced my husband filed a motion to modify the order and requested the pickup, stating his father needed to have possession of the vehicle since it was in fact his. This is a lie and I did gather all the carbon copies to prove that we had in fact been making the payments on the vehicle. The father-in-law had stated that he had made all the payments. Well I went to court and requested a continuance so I could obtain an attorney. Just 3 days later I was at work and when I left the meeting I was at the 2001 pickup was gone. I was left the car. My husband had taken the pick up. I called the police and they stated that there was not a violation of the order for protection. Anyway, I have moved to a new residence because I fear for mine and my childrens safety. I did take the household items. Well my husband violated the OFP many times and this resulted in 3 Felony charges being placed on him and a warrant was issued for his arrest. 5 days ago a friend of mine called me and stated that the pickup was sitting right next to his house. My husband was supposed to be working out of town. The person driving the vehicle was not my husband or father-in-law. He was letting all of his friends drive the vehicle while I was left with the car that was broke down at the time. I have 4 kids to haul around and I need transportation for my employment. My husband was taken into custody on Friday, Nov. 9th. I went to our residence to get the rest of my things to move into my new residence. A sheriff came to my new residence and stated that my father-in-law had called to report that I was moving the property out of our residence and he wanted me to return everything. The house is in my husband and my father-in-laws name as well. I did load up a few of my husbands belongings, (a tv and a few pictures) and drove to our residence. I still had some things in the old residence that were mine b/4 the marriage. When I arrived 2 of my husbands friends were in the yard with an enclosed trailor and a pickup. I went to the door and they met me and informed me that I was no longer allowed in the house. I had been evicted. I was 3 months behind on rent and was evicted!!!!!!! Well, I contacted the sheriffs department and they stated this was a civil matter and I would have to wait until Tues. to talk with a judge. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are my rights??????
Misha

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">