• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TAMARA41

What is the name of your state?arkansas. I recently went to court for divorce and the judge ordered that we sell the house. My ex spouse lives in the house at present and I need to know how to go about listing the house to sell or if I can even do that. Is it something that only she can do and how will I know if I am getting a raw deal if she is the one that lists it? Also, the court awarded me half of the retirement that she has. How does that work? I don't even know how much is in it. I just need to know what how this all works.

LdiJ

TAMARA41 said:
What is the name of your state?arkansas. I recently went to court for divorce and the judge ordered that we sell the house. My ex spouse lives in the house at present and I need to know how to go about listing the house to sell or if I can even do that. Is it something that only she can do and how will I know if I am getting a raw deal if she is the one that lists it? Also, the court awarded me half of the retirement that she has. How does that work? I don't even know how much is in it. I just need to know what how this all works.
House- If you are both on the deed then you will be part of the whole selling process. Your signature will be required at each step. However, be wise and don't block a sale for no good reason...the market is slumping.

Retirement - It will have to be divided via QDRO. If you don't have an attorney, I would recommend getting one to handle that part.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">