• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Rights 2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thepro2cer

What is the name of your state?PA.

I didn't make this clear enough. Will I be entitled to the split of the property in a divorce settlement, though I haven't been there, or since she's changed the locks. I only made the bank aware of this in order to have documentation as to my intentions to set up a payment schedule though I wasn't there. Since she changed the locks, I didn't pay. By the way, should I start to pay half the mortgage though I'm not living there? Would this help in the settlement of the property or does it matter? Thanks in advance for your replies.

thepro2cer

Proerty Rights

Oh yes. I'm the primary borrower. She didn't have a job when we purchased the home, I did. She put up some money. Here's a little more. I filed bankruptcy twice on the home but both were dimissed. She didn't help because she didn't help make some payments. She filed the last Bankruptcy, because I wanted to sell the house. Then, she stopped the bankruptcy, and when I was gonna do another bankruptcy to use the time to sell the house, She paid the back balance on the house and made the agreement with the bank. I had to sign that agreement also though I didn't want the house any longer. Do I have any rights at the table? Thanks again.

BelizeBreeze

This is the third time you've asked the same question in three different posts and as of yet, you have not answered the question posed.

I don't give a flying flip if your name is on the mortgage and neither does HG, who answered your question in your second post of the same question. So, you are either too dense to read or you simply don't care about the answer.

Now, I'll ask once more and if you can't read a simple question and respond with a simple answer then you're on your own.

IS YOUR NAME ON THE DEED?

thepro2cer

Property

I'm sorry, don't beat me up. To tell you the truth I haven't seen the deed, but when we purchased the home I was on the deed. I think she lost the deed and had to get another. So I assume I'm STILL on the deed. I didn't sign anything that would remove me from it. How can I find out about that? Can I request a copy of the deed? I just thought that as long as I was the primary name on the mortgage, I was on the deed. Sorry, just going through a bit, please be easy on me. Thanks again.

thepro2cer

She's making the payments, but I only stopped because she changed the locks on the property. We always made the payments in halves. I'm not gonna make payments while she has a boyfriend in the bed!!!! Unless I can get back in the house, I don't think I should have to pay. The question is: Will this affect me at the divorce table. I assume my name is on the deed and I'll investigate that Monday. I was illegally evicted as far as I'm concerned. As stated before, she said she would file and pay for the divorce if I gave her the house (verbally). That's been 6-7 months ago and there's no filing!!! Some of my clothes and other property are still in the garage..I hope. My sister car is still in the driveway. I didn't sign the quick claim deed. I tore it up when I found out there was another man in the house. Should I start to make payments though I'm not there and the locks have been changed? Thanks......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">