• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property rights before divorce is filed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sweet_pea89

What is the name of your state? Florida
My husband has become verbally and emotionally abusive towards my son (his stepson) and has shown signs of things progressing beyond that. I am a housewife and have no income of my own. Someone in another state has offered to help us out with a place to stay until we get on our feet, but I am on my own to come up with the money to get there. I intend to sell what valuables I have that I can call my own. Most of these are gifts that my husband has given me for Christmases and birthdays both before and during our marriage. However, this will probably not be enough. I am wondering if I can sell something else from our house (a TV) that was acquired during our marriage and was not a gift to anyone but was bought for us by us. I have no intention of selling everything in the house and trying to be unfair, I just want to be able to get to where I need to go without him knowing and without breaking any laws. I'm not sure if it matters, but we have been married for just under one year. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated and the sooner the better!

S

sweet_pea89

Can anyone help???

Me again...does anyone know if I can do this or where I can find out? Please help...:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">