• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property rights during divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nigwil

Florida
i was married in april last year but the marriage ended after she had an affair in november of the same year. we bought a property together in may of the same year. she used her money from the sale of her house in england as a deposit (34000). she is not allowed to work in this country and i supported her and payed all th expenses on the house. we bougt the house for 170000 an the current value is 195000 as we have put in a new kitchen and 1 bathroom. i would like to know what i am entitled to rightfully claim as i am being told that i can only expect 50% of the equity it has raised since we bought it i.e. 12500. i feel that as my wages went towards the upkeep of the house i should get more. sh moved out of the house on dec16 last year and has not been back since. any advice i can get would be much appreciated. thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">