• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property settelment after divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marcan

in our divorce filed in Florida, my ex and I agreed to leave the condo to him by assuming the mortagage which is in my name in 2 months after the divorce date. It has been 3 months pass the deadline and I was about to sign over my rights to the property when he mentioned that he was so much in debt that "another debt with do nothing to him". You see he also owes me $5000 which we declared in our divorce without a time set to pay it off. I am in a dilemma now for I know that by signing this deed over to him I will have lost all my rights to ever getting any money from him.

Has he lost his right over the home by not abiding by the divorce settelment? He was paying my mortage while divorced because he lives in the condo but he is now a month behind and he is also months behind in maintenance fees. Attorneys have mentioned a lien to the condoo by the end of the month. I want to be able to say to him move out since I will be taking over all the debts of the place. Could I do this? What are my rights now? I want to keep the home since I have been too nice to a person that didnt know how to appreciate it.

Thank YOu fort your help....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">