• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

suzanne56

What is the name of your state? FL
My husband wants a divorce but will not file. Go figure. He wants me out of the business location since he says it is difficult to work in the same location together.
Can I legally type up a letter stating the value minus any liens. Arrive at a dollar figure, then split that amount. I need this paper to be binding so as to the monies to NOT be included in the final divorce settlement monies.
I understand that ALL property is valued during the divorce minus any liens then divided. Along with any savings, IRA, Stocks, etc.
I just want to make sure I am on the right track on this particular piece of property. Thanks you your advice with this matter.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If it's a marital asset, it'll be included in the settlement. If it's not, it's not - but then you have no claim to it. And any agreement is only binding once it has a judge's signature on it.

H

hexeliebe

He wants me out of the business location since he says it is difficult to work in the same location together.
Tell him to kiss a part of your anatomy that doesn't see the light of day....and then tell him to make you an offer. Once he does, increase it by 50% and counter-offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">