• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property settlement agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wbizzaro

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
My ex wife recently had a Family Court Judge award her two seperate garnishments to collect monies from me that was due her from our property settlement agreement the first she had added to my child support which raised my support by $100 per week the second was a 10% wage garnishment after they take out my federal and state taxes my pension and insurance plus $200 a week in child support plus an additional $100 to my child support and the 10% wage garnishment which equals $155 per week I am left with a take home pay of $162 per week after grossing almost $1600 per week. I have read about a claim of exemption form does anyone know if this exsist in NJ if not is there any type of motion that can be filed in NJ family court that can help me I am unable to pay just my rent forget about any other household bills nor am i able to support my daughter during my visitation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciatedWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
My ex wife recently had a Family Court Judge award her two seperate garnishments to collect monies from me that was due her from our property settlement agreement the first she had added to my child support which raised my support by $100 per week the second was a 10% wage garnishment after they take out my federal and state taxes my pension and insurance plus $200 a week in child support plus an additional $100 to my child support and the 10% wage garnishment which equals $155 per week I am left with a take home pay of $162 per week after grossing almost $1600 per week. I have read about a claim of exemption form does anyone know if this exsist in NJ if not is there any type of motion that can be filed in NJ family court that can help me I am unable to pay just my rent forget about any other household bills nor am i able to support my daughter during my visitation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciatedWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
Sorry, but if you're making $80 K per year, you should be able to pay your obligations. You're being 'penalized' because you did not turn over property that you should have turned over to her at the time of the divorce. If you had done that, you wouldn't be paying for it now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">