• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Settlement before divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thepro2cer

What is the name of your state?PA.

Thanks Bulldog for your replies. Another question. I was told that you could settle property disputes before a divorce to get property split. Is this true and does this require a lawyer, or can you just file for this action at your local court system somehow. Thanks............

LdiJ

thepro2cer said:
What is the name of your state?PA.

Thanks Bulldog for your replies. Another question. I was told that you could settle property disputes before a divorce to get property split. Is this true and does this require a lawyer, or can you just file for this action at your local court system somehow. Thanks............
Yes its true. Yes it can be done without an attorney if you are financially "savy" and the two of you are reasonably amicable. However I honestly would not recommend that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">