• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property taken need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

climerz1

What is the name of your state?florida
husband filed in jamaica for devorice while on vacation served wife.thay lived in ft lauderdale he left with kids she flew back and filed for divorce in ft lauderdale, then went back to try to get her kids in jamaica.during this time he came back to florida and emptied house belongings including all her and her kids personal items.the question is what should she do now to get her and the kids items returned?The deviorce in jamaica has been continued until nov. or sept.but she needs her clothing as well as kids clothing.is there anything she can do in the U.S. to force return of her belongings till then?
I

Silverplum

What is the name of your state?florida
husband filed in jamaica for devorice while on vacation served wife.thay lived in ft lauderdale he left with kids she flew back and filed for divorce in ft lauderdale, then went back to try to get her kids in jamaica.during this time he came back to florida and emptied house belongings including all her and her kids personal items.the question is what should she do now to get her and the kids items returned?The deviorce in jamaica has been continued until nov. or sept.but she needs her clothing as well as kids clothing.is there anything she can do in the U.S. to force return of her belongings till then?
I
The legalities are happening in Jamaica. She needs to deal with the courts there.
"US Law Only" here on FA.

climerz1

Thay live in ft lauderdale and have since married 9yrs ago he lied on court papers in jamaica and said thay resided there at vacation house thay own there. I think it should be U.S. laws that protect U.S. citizens which she and her children are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

climerz1

And also jamaica courts say that thay have no jurisdition over U.S. property.That is why she is fighting to have the case returned to U.S courts.
But the question is still can she file a suet in U.S. courts to have her property returned.
Or file charges against him in U.S. for stealing them?

Just Blue

Climeraz...Stop posting on other threads...you have been wrong on every one of your post. If you do it one more time I will report you to Admin and you will be banned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">