• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is a protective order criminal or civil matter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lecktor

What is the name of your state?utah
i was the respondant in a protectve order in 1996 how can i move for dismissal and is it a criminal or civil matter? Also can i move for the dissmissal in a response to a divorce petition?

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

lecktor said:
What is the name of your state?utah
i was the respondant in a protectve order in 1996 how can i move for dismissal and is it a criminal or civil matter? Also can i move for the dissmissal in a response to a divorce petition?
Protective orders are generally civil, but if you violate them, then it could be a criminal matter.

Do you think a nine-year old PO is still in effect?

S

seniorjudge

lecktor said:
it still is affect POs never expire they must be removed by the court
And does it say on your copy of the order that was issued against you that it lasts forever?

S

seniorjudge

lecktor said:
so i can see my kids with out the fear of her calling the cops
None of us know her and none of us can tell you if she will call the cops or not.

Remember, you are the one who said you had an order of protection against you that lasted forever.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">