• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PURCHASE A HOUSE while seperated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jackboot

What is the name of your state? MICHIGAN

I am in the process of a divorce not yet filed but will be in the next few weeks. My question is this, We have been seperated for about 12 months. I am currently livind at my cottage and would like to get closer to work and my children. So I checked into a NO MONEY down loan to purchase a house instead of renting. I have been approved for this loan. We have no debt or loans out cash money has already been distribruted..

My question is this can I purchase this house once the papers have been filed.

moburkes

You'll need to ask the lender that. Your spouse may have to sign off on his/her rights to that property.

Oh, and you're NOT in the process of a divorce, if it hasn't even been filed yet.

seniorjudge

You'll need to ask the lender that. Your spouse may have to sign off on his/her rights to that property.

Oh, and you're NOT in the process of a divorce, if it hasn't even been filed yet.
I agree and would add that if you buy this house, you are complicating your proposed lawsuit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">