• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purgery in Divorce Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pca964c4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I was wondering how you can prove someone lied during their divorce hearing. I know for a fact that 2 people were sleeping together during their seperation. (an ex girlfriend). She wound up getting pregnant while we were dating and she admitted to me that the child may not be mine because she had been sleeping with her husband also. I obviously stopped dating her because she cheated on me and lied countless of times to me. If its my child, I will be responsible but I do not want anything to do with her as far as a relationship goes. She told me that as of Jan 6th, 2009 she was divorced. that she went to court and finalized her divorce. By telling me this she was just trying to win me back because she is getting $1500 a month in alamony and thinks Im a low life like herself and would want to be with her cause she has " more money".... boy was she wrong. I was wondering if there was a way to go to family court and tell them that the divorce isnt legal because she lied under oath and they have been sleeping together the whole time. She only wanted a divorce from him for the money and he wanted a divorce cause he wants to get married again. I dont want to bring the child into this so I dont want to say "she may be pregnant with his child". I was just wondering if there is another way to prove to the courts that they both lied just to get a divorce.

Thanks for your help

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I was wondering how you can prove someone lied during their divorce hearing. I know for a fact that 2 people were sleeping together during their seperation. (an ex girlfriend). She wound up getting pregnant while we were dating and she admitted to me that the child may not be mine because she had been sleeping with her husband also. I obviously stopped dating her because she cheated on me and lied countless of times to me. If its my child, I will be responsible but I do not want anything to do with her as far as a relationship goes. She told me that as of Jan 6th, 2009 she was divorced. that she went to court and finalized her divorce. By telling me this she was just trying to win me back because she is getting $1500 a month in alamony and thinks Im a low life like herself and would want to be with her cause she has " more money".... boy was she wrong. I was wondering if there was a way to go to family court and tell them that the divorce isnt legal because she lied under oath and they have been sleeping together the whole time. She only wanted a divorce from him for the money and he wanted a divorce cause he wants to get married again. I dont want to bring the child into this so I dont want to say "she may be pregnant with his child". I was just wondering if there is another way to prove to the courts that they both lied just to get a divorce.

Thanks for your help
She wasn't cheating on you, she was cheating on her husband. Legally you were the "other man".

In any case, if you believe that you are the father of her child, then it would be up to you to challenge the paternity of the child.

tranquility

My guess is that the only court with more lies than small claims is family court. I suggest all who participate forget perjury as a strategy.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
File a paternity case when the child is born to establish paternity. Sue both the exgirlfriend and her exhusband as he would be the presumptive father if the baby is born within 300 days of the end of the marriage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">