• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Qdro

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carrie gilbreat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I need help. My divorce was final Oct 2006 with a judgement stating that we each retained our own 401k accounts. The judgement clearly states this. My 401k was in a trustee account due to my employer went into bankruptcy proir to my divorce being final. Not the trustee is stating that inorder to release my funds so that i can roll them over i have too have a QDRO. This seems insane to me. we had no chiildren no medical benefits no support. How to i get a QDRO this late in the game or how do i make the ****'s holding my money give it to me?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I need help. My divorce was final Oct 2006 with a judgement stating that we each retained our own 401k accounts. The judgement clearly states this. My 401k was in a trustee account due to my employer went into bankruptcy proir to my divorce being final. Not the trustee is stating that inorder to release my funds so that i can roll them over i have too have a QDRO. This seems insane to me. we had no chiildren no medical benefits no support. How to i get a QDRO this late in the game or how do i make the ****'s holding my money give it to me?
Have you given them a copy of your divorce decree? Have you spoken to a supervisor?

If so and they still want a QDRO, you can probably have one drafted and signed by the court without spending much money.

carrie gilbreat

Thanks for your reply - yes i scanned a copy of the judgement outlining the settlement and i "spoke" to the supervisor - who clearly is incapable of any assistance whatsoever.

is there a resource for drafting QRDO?

mistoffolees

Thanks for your reply - yes i scanned a copy of the judgement outlining the settlement and i "spoke" to the supervisor - who clearly is incapable of any assistance whatsoever.

is there a resource for drafting QRDO?
Before you go to the trouble, I would contact the supervisor's boss - and so on up the line. Or check online, they probably have an ombusman (sp?) or customer service manager who might be able to help.

If that doesn't work, most financial planners or attorneys would be able to draft it for you. Since yours is simple (you each keep your own 401K), it shouldn't be very expensive. Since it's so simple, you might not even have to go back to court to have it signed by the judge, but I can't guarantee that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">