• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Qdro

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jayce23

I have a question that has been bothering me and i have never really gotten a straight answer.

My parent were married for about 15 years and then got a divorce. I don't beleive there was ever a QDRO in the divorce which feel is my mother lawyer's fault. My father worked for a large company for about 30 years. i beleive he amassed an nice pension but he died about three years ago and becuase there was no QDRo, my mother nor I are entitled to some of the money. THis cannot be true and i will fight to the death to get what my father work his whole for. Please help.

vrzirn

Your post is remarkably incomplete. You do not say where you are or how long ago your parents divorced. Have your mother contact her attorney and ask for file. Actually, she should have copies of all documents and court rulings herself. Otherwise, go down to the courthouse and pay for a file. You will need names, date and case number. If it is very old it may be on microfiche. Read it. Any QUADRO will be there. If your mother did not get any part of his pension it may be because she got some other asset"in lieu of".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">