• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

QDRO Statute of Limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Justan

What is the name of your state? California

I was reading Sherrie1968's post , and I have a similar situation except some of my details are different, but leave me with some questions as to where I stand based upon the following information:

My divorce was final nine years ago as of July 1 this year.. I thought it was all over at the time until I received a challenge to the MSA regarding my pension benefit.. This occurred about two months later..

It ended up that my ex wife had to get an order for a 'division' for her rights to my pension.. I agreed to sign a stipulated judgement back then to settle our divorce so that I could move on with my life..

I submitted my retirement package to my employer and found out that my ex wife had submitted a 'joinder' notification to them two years after the stipulated judgement had been signed.. I never was notified of her doing this..

Nothing has been filed with the court or my employer since her sending the 'joinder' notification.. Since that time, seven years later, she has not taken any action in regards to my pension..

I assume that this is an instrument where she tells my employer that she has an interest in my pension and intends to file a QDRO against it.. however I am not sure..

My employer sent me a letter after I submitted my retirement application.. The letter says that they had removed the 'joinder' notification from my 'record' because they had not received any documentation in the past five years..

I wanted to ask, based upon my situation, is there a time limitation for her to have filed a QDRO? or does the 'joinder' notification supersede the filing of a QDRO?

Any input certainly would be helpful..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">