• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

QDRO - is there a statute of limitations for filing to collect???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I guess my issue is that the price seems kinda steep, & I really don't have the finances to pull this off, with my current CS Order and regular bills. Whats your thought on going the doc prep or paralegal route???

As a layperson, it seems to be a pretty straightforward situation. I don't have a 401k, so it is just me awaiting receiving my community property share of ex's 401k, as cleanly spelled out in the decree language. Thank You...
My thoughts on going doc prep or paralegal are exactly as I said. I do not recommend it. I do not recommend going any route but an attorney route. There are a zillion ways you can screw it up if you don't know exactly what you are doing. But if you are determined to go another way, there's nothing I can do to stop you. This thread will still be here for us to refer to when you come back wanting to sue because the doc prep company or paralegal (whom I don't believe can legally do this for you) messed up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">