• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

QDRO's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Compunaut

What is the name of your state? Illinois-my questions has to do with the qrdo. it has two parts. first my divorce was final 8-18-00 but the calculation used by ex's atty is to the end of the year. is this valid or should I question it. the 401k has not yet been dispersed. second, at the time my divorce was final I was not fully vested into my companies 401k program yet the calculation they used includes monies I was not currently vested for. this is a difference of about $15,000.00 so should I refuse their calculations as they are not accurate. If I had quit my job on that date I would not have qualified for the larger amount.

C

Compunaut

Compunaut said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois-my questions has to do with the qrdo. it has two parts. first my divorce was final 8-18-00 but the calculation used by ex's atty is to the end of the year. is this valid or should I question it. the 401k has not yet been dispersed. second, at the time my divorce was final I was not fully vested into my companies 401k program yet the calculation they used includes monies I was not currently vested for. this is a difference of about $15,000.00 so should I refuse their calculations as they are not accurate. If I had quit my job on that date I would not have qualified for the larger amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">