• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quadros and acturary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annrick1209

I'm form California and my question is if I can get an acturary for the pention and a quadro for the 401k I get both from my job can I combine them, and how much should I expect to pay for a quadro and once I'm done with the quadro and acturary will I know my lump some of money that I will be getting. Thank you!!:)

mistoffolees

I'm form California and my question is if I can get an acturary for the pention and a quadro for the 401k I get both from my job can I combine them, and how much should I expect to pay for a quadro and once I'm done with the quadro and acturary will I know my lump some of money that I will be getting. Thank you!!:)
I'm really not sure what you're asking. Can you please write understandable sentences?

The closest I can come is that you want to know what it costs to get a QDRO. There's no simple answer for that because you can't simply get a QDRO. You get it in the context of a divorce (or, possibly, other family matter). Ask your attorney what he will charge to issue the QDRO to the 401k admins. It's typically not complicated.

If you work for a large public company and have a plan covered by ERISA (if you are a government employee/military your retirement plan will be handled differently)...odds are your HR department will know professionals in your area that specialize in valuing retirement accounts and drafting "Q"DRO's for your company's retirement plans...pension and/or 401K's (each retirement plan will need a QDRO). How things are actually split up will have to be agreed upon by you and your ex and the attorneys involved and then included in your final decree with the QDRO. It could be $150.00 to $400.00 for drafting the actual documentation for the QDRO....valuation is extra, and that is exclusive of (in addition to) your attorneys fees for handling your retirement issues...and that will depend on the details of the retirement plan and how you will be splitting it up...immediately by lump sum or some other separate or shared deferred arrangement. Good luck!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">