• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

54lilred

Georgia

I have a quick question.
I got married at 18 and it did not last a few months we signed some papers saying the marriage was annulled. I married again at 19 and have been in the marriage since (8 years) Now we have 2 kids and I am wanting a divorce. But the first husband says that we were not divorced. I don't know what to do about this cause the second one is null and void but what about the children? He is on the bith cirtificates and everything. Does anyone have any suggestions about this.

djohnson

Why does the first husband think you are still married? You should be able to research and find out if you were divorced or if it was annulled. To be on the safe side I would make sure I was divorced from them both. It doesn't effect the kids in anyway that you don't let it. He would still be the father, he would still be on the birth certificate, and they would still have his last name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">