• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question About dissolution of marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shimmelz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Hi everyone! I was cruising the web trying to find out some information about a dissolution of marriage in the state of Ohio. My husband and I have agreed that we want to handle everything as civil as possible even with our daughter. Our marriage did not work out and this is a mutual agreement. What I was curious about is we purchased a dissolution book as the court told us to do that has all the necessary forms that we would need to file, but we are also still residing together considering I am still a student and have no plans on moving out of our current home til later in the year. Is it true that a Judge will not grant a dissolution due to the fact that we still reside together? it seems to me that this is more civil and more expected in a dissolution than a hateful divorce?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Shimmel

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Hi everyone! I was cruising the web trying to find out some information about a dissolution of marriage in the state of Ohio. My husband and I have agreed that we want to handle everything as civil as possible even with our daughter. Our marriage did not work out and this is a mutual agreement. What I was curious about is we purchased a dissolution book as the court told us to do that has all the necessary forms that we would need to file, but we are also still residing together considering I am still a student and have no plans on moving out of our current home til later in the year. Is it true that a Judge will not grant a dissolution due to the fact that we still reside together? it seems to me that this is more civil and more expected in a dissolution than a hateful divorce?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Shimmel
You purchased a book? Return it if possible. That is a scam to buy a book. All the forms necessary are located at the Supreme Court of Ohio website for free.
You cannot be living together in the same household to get a dissolution. What are the grounds upon which the dissolution will be granted? Not incompatibility. Not living separate and apart. Are you in different households?

Shimmelz

You purchased a book? Return it if possible. That is a scam to buy a book. All the forms necessary are located at the Supreme Court of Ohio website for free.
You cannot be living together in the same household to get a dissolution. What are the grounds upon which the dissolution will be granted? Not incompatibility. Not living separate and apart. Are you in different households?
I was told I had to purchase the book from the Case Management office.. that is why I purchased the book. The grounds for dissolution is the mutual agreement that we no longer want to be married and we want to move on with our lives with other partners. Yes we are currently residing in the same household...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I was told I had to purchase the book from the Case Management office.. that is why I purchased the book. The grounds for dissolution is the mutual agreement that we no longer want to be married and we want to move on with our lives with other partners. Yes we are currently residing in the same household...
Then you cannot be granted a dissolution as long as you are living in the same household. And you should not have been forced to purchase a book. Also the grounds you list are not the LEGAL grounds that must be pleaded in order to get a dissolution.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">