• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about house purchase.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

superkoz

What is the name of your state? NY

My wife and I are in the process of filing for annulment. We had no assets and I have made payments to her that far exceed half of what our debt was. We were married for 6 months before I left, back in January of this year. Since, I have met someone and we recently purchased a house together. The annulment papers were filed back in June. I have received no confirmation about it yet but my question is this. My ex wife is now asking for more money. Since I have purchased a house is there any way she could come after the house in order to get more money? It was not purchased with any of her money, and in fact, almost all of the money used in the purchase came from my current girlfriend. However, I handled the loan application so I am on the deed as well as the loan.

Thank you so much for you help.

HomeGuru

My wife and I are in the process of filing for annulment. We had no assets and I have made payments to her that far exceed half of what our debt was. We were married for 6 months before I left, back in January of this year. Since, I have met someone and we recently purchased a house together. The annulment papers were filed back in June. I have received no confirmation about it yet but my question is this. My ex wife is now asking for more money. Since I have purchased a house is there any way she could come after the house in order to get more money? It was not purchased with any of her money, and in fact, almost all of the money used in the purchase came from my current girlfriend. However, I handled the loan application so I am on the deed as well as the loan.

**A: the answer is yes.

LdiJ

Why in the heck would you do something so foolish as to buy a house with someone while married to someone else?

You NEED an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">