• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about land purchased before marriage.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crystalice32

I live in WI and purchased 10 acres of land before my husband and I were married. I had to quick deed 1/4 interest in the land to my husband before marriage in order for him to get a loan to put a modular house on the land. My name is on the mortgage but not on the loan. I have paid half of all house payments since it was bought. Now that we are divorcing is there any way to get my land back or does everything have to be split, 50/50?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I live in WI and purchased 10 acres of land before my husband and I were married. I had to quick deed 1/4 interest in the land to my husband before marriage in order for him to get a loan to put a modular house on the land. My name is on the mortgage but not on the loan. I have paid half of all house payments since it was bought. Now that we are divorcing is there any way to get my land back or does everything have to be split, 50/50?
Everything gets split -- not necessarily 50/50 but most likely. The word by the way is quit claim deed -- how exactly was that deed worded.?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">