• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about response form

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jep1985

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Filed for divorce - I live in Ca and spouse lives in AZ. How do I get copies of the response that was filed. I saw on the court website case summary that a response was filed, but I have yet to see it. Is she required to serve me those forms or do I have to get copies from the court.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Filed for divorce - I live in Ca and spouse lives in AZ. How do I get copies of the response that was filed. I saw on the court website case summary that a response was filed, but I have yet to see it. Is she required to serve me those forms or do I have to get copies from the court.
per the civil procedure, you will be required to be served. however, take a look at the courts website to determine how long she has to serve you. it may be in the mail.

you can definitely call the court, ask how many pages, the cost to get copies, send a check and self addressed stamped envelope.

jep1985

Thanks. It's been about 2 weeks since the response was filed. On the blank response form, it stated it was to be filed w/ proof of service. I have a feeling that the proof of service was bogus and that she just had someone sign it.

Isis1

Thanks. It's been about 2 weeks since the response was filed. On the blank response form, it stated it was to be filed w/ proof of service. I have a feeling that the proof of service was bogus and that she just had someone sign it.
then i'd get on it so i could take a look. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">