• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a question in regards to seperation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

karenjane

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hello,
I am seperated and undergoing a divorce in Britain, and have a Floridian boyfriend who tells me that it is illegal in his state for us to be together, if we were there. As a result of this he refuses to tell his family of my current status. Something of a weight above my head as you can imagine. Just to set my mind at rest, would anyone know if this is true or not?

Thank you in advance.

H

hexeliebe

Ask him to cite you the law regarding the illegality of a man and woman 'being together'. I think you'll get your answer in the first few seconds.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Maybe, just maybe, it would be wise for you to get divorced first and look for a boyfriend after? Plus, the one on FL sounds like a loon.

K

karenjane

No, neither a loon nor a flamingo. But rather a person who was given inaccurate information and, who took it on face value.

As it turns out, I have discovered that there is a law that was passed in 1874 regarding anti-adultary. However the person feeding him this information neglected to inform him of just how irrelevant it is considered in this day and age.

Thank you though for setting my brain in motion, and enabling me to put his as well as my own mind at rest on this.

K

karenjane

It would indeed sound off to me, if I had not known this person for as long as I have.

Thank you for your concern though. And I do beg your pardon if, my initial post gave impression that my concern was with the man and not the law.

And yes, I have to agree, love is undoubtedly a wonderful thing, when its finally with the right person. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">